Door Appeal

26.5.15

We've all been walking through a neighborhood, checking out houses, oohing and aaahing over the beautiful curb appeal some have and mentally recommending updates to others with not so much of it.  I love to wander our neighborhood and just look at the architecture around us.  I'm always struck by the choices people make - sometimes they are brilliant and other times they miss the mark.

My favorite piece to any type of curb appeal is a front door that is spectacular. It's the thing that greets every visitor to your home, so it should be amazing, right?  Right.  Today, I'm just sharing 6 of my favorite front doors with you.  Curb appeal | Door appeal to the MAX.

I love a yellow door. Especially in the south. If you live in a land of sunshine and warmth, this is the perfect welcome for you:



No matter where you live, a beautiful pastel doorway is soothing to anyone who knocks.  It screams "we aren't crazy in this house... calm is our jam."


A classic choice no matter where you reside is black. High gloss, glorious black.  Gladden (available at Home Depot) sells a Door and Trim paint  that is self leveling in the perfect shade of black.

If paint isn't your style, I'm in LOVE with this craftsman style wood door.  Sheer perfection - especially with the stone accents at the top.  Swooning!



This reminds me of my favorite little town in central Pennsylvania - Bellefonte. Gorgeous architecture and lots of great accents like this teal door.  Stunning.



Are you brave enough?  You know I couldn't post about doors without adding a pink one to the mix, right?  Come on! Live a little.  This is for the bold and eclectic family.  Love.

What color is your front door? What does it say about you?

If you don't love the message, rewrite it!

xoxo


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting!!

Content copyright Kindred Creative 2014/2015. Powered by Blogger.