accessories

Tanking. A friendly little tidbit on clothing storage.

25.8.14

I hate tank tops.  Not necessarily because I don't want to wear them per se, but because tank tops are a total PITA to fold and keep nice in the drawer, and hanging them on hangers means they get lost in the abyss of the rest of my wardrobe.  I'm not talking about the white camisole tanks that never need to look nice because they are under another piece of clothing. I'm talking about the nice tank tops that are silky and flowy and pretty and IMPOSSIBLE TO FOLD because of their shiny niceness.

I was cleaning out my closet in preparation for fall (yes, I am a cool weather lover, and yes, it's august. I get the absurdity.) - re-inserting my sweaters, scarves, knee high socks - when it occurred to me that I wear my tank tops in the winter too.  I just wear them under a cardigan and with 85 other layers.  So, I didn't want to take them out.  But at the same time I wanted to SEE them - remembering what I have and being able to keep things neat and available.  And then.... I had a moment of pure genius!

We have these Ikea closets.  I love love love them, and because of the versatility of IKEA and my OCD that I must have every accessory and/or insert that goes with the closet, I had the perfect solution to my tank top problem.  Can you see it?


Closer?



See those tank tops hanging there all nicely positioned and still perfectly wrinkle free?  I will accept any and all nominations for genius status.  :)


What is it you ask?   It's a jewelry organizer from IKEA. It's meant to hang in the side of your closet and store belts, necklaces, scarves, etc.  It's the world's most perfect solution to pretty tank tops!  And it's a whopping $10 (or $15 for the larger one).  WHAT?    Here's what it looks like from Ikea now - they've updated their design a little, but the premise is there, albeit missing a few hooks from the old design. I much prefer the one I have with 2 tiers of staggered hooks.



And here it is all organized in my closet. I use 1/2 of it for tanks and the other 1/2 for necklaces.  I am not a hoarder or much of a jewelry wearer, so this is more than enough for me, but if you are a packrat, you could easily install one of these on either side of your closet for double storage.



The possibilities are really endless with this particular accessory.  Use curtain rings to clip tights, slips, lingerie and other dainty things.  Hang scarves. Or use the squeeze pant hangers to hang 1 or 2 pair of boots for tucked away storage.  Get creative!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thanks for commenting!!

Content copyright Kindred Creative 2014/2015. Powered by Blogger.